Welcome to the official web site of the Indiana Dance Leaders Association (IDLA).
We are a Dance Leaders organization providing leadership and education for over 60 years.
(ISDCA) Indiana Square Dance Callers Association was established in 1953 and has a proud history as a combined leaders organization. In late 2008 we changed the association name to Indiana Dance Leaders Association.
Membership is open to all leaders, and to anyone wishing to pursue a Dance Leader career.
IDLA meets four times a year and conducts combined Square and Round workshops for the education of Square and Round Leaders, and any other Leader workshops as needed.
Indiana Dance Leaders Association is a co-sponsor, along with Indiana Dancers Association, of the annual Indiana Square Dance Convention. Our convention is held on the 1st full weekend of November each year at the French Lick Springs Resort in French Lick, Indiana.
Thank you for visiting our web site.
FROM THE PRESIDENTS: Dave and Judy Mouton
IDLA Mission Statement
The Object of this Organization Shall Be:
- To encourage in a dignified and proper manner the growth and
development of all related forms of Square and Round Dancing.
- To promote square and round dancing as a recreational activity
throughout the State of Indiana.
- To assist in the development of square and round dance callers
and cuers, conduct training workshops and clinics for members including an
annual workshop for both squares and rounds.
- To promote, sponsor, or co-sponsor, and conduct an annual
square and round dance and/or state convention.
- To encourage the use of standardized terms and definitions of
all movements, figures, and cues as established by CALLERLAB and Roundalab.
- To encourage the free exchange of dance material, useful and
helpful information, and ideas.
- To maintain a current directory of Association members.
- To endorse and follow the code of ethics as established by
CALLERLAB and Roundalab.
- To promote and encourage a cordial relationship between
members, other callers, round dance cuers, dancers, clubs, club organizations,
recreation departments, schools, colleges, dancer organizations, and other
activities in which square and round dancing can be appropriately presented or
become a part.
IDLA is proud to be associated with the International Association of Square Dance Callers - Callerlab .
For more information visit www.callerlab.org
Questions, corrections, issues? Contact Ron Storms, webmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org